Professional Learning in Practice
In conjunction with Leargas as part of the Erasmus + Learning mobility programme, Early Childhood Ireland is delighted to offer an opportunity to engage in a Professional Learning Programme for Trainers who deliver QQI Level 5 and 6 accredited Early Childhood Care and Education programmes.
The Erasmus+ programme aims to modernise and improve the quality of teaching, training and youth work across Europe, and to support the development, transfer and implementation of innovative practices. These objectives are closely tied with the Europe 2020 strategy of achieving a smart, sustainable and inclusive economy by 2020 for all of Europe’s citizens. Fundamental goals for Erasmus+ include improving key competences and skills, and fostering partnerships between education and employment.
The programme is administered through Leargas who manage international programmes on behalf of the European Commission and the Irish Government.
We are accepting applications from:
Trainers who deliver accredited training at Level 5 – Major Award in Early Childhood Care and Education /Level 6 – Major Award in Early Childhood Care and Education on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ)
Location: San Miniato, Italy, November 2017
This professional learning in practice programme provides opportunities to:
• Engage in work placements in ECEC settings and share their practice through peer group discussion.
• Share knowledge and experience and learn about the vocational education and Early Years sector in Italy.
• Present and share teaching practice with their European colleagues and VEC students.
Dates: Sunday 5th November to Friday 10th November (5 full working days)
Location: San Miniato, Italy
Cost: Fully funded through the European Commission Erasmus+ Programme.
- Early Childhood Care and Education trainers who deliver accredited training at Level 5/6 in
- Early Childhood Care and Education on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) in VEC/ETB’s and other training organisations.
Trainers who have a recognised qualification in ECCE and a qualification in teaching adult learners.
Successful applicants are required to provide evidence of how potential learning will be disseminated/transferred to students and to the wider ECCE sector.
- Please complete the online application form.
- You will also need to upload a copy of your qualifications with the application.
- Applications must be completed by Friday 13th October 2017
Please note: Candidates will be short listed and places allocated in accordance with the selection criteria. If candidates meet the selection criteria they will be invited to an information evening.
Applicants that have previously attended an Early Childhood Ireland Leargas study visit to Italy will not be eligible to apply.
All participants must be available to travel and return with the group, for the duration of the study visit. Selected applicants must be fully committed to all aspects of the programme.