Inspired Practice Award 2021 2021 2021
Shortlisted Entries - Early Childhood Ireland Inspired Practice Award
The shortlisted entries for the Early Childhood Ireland Inspired Practice Award are:
• Inspired to inspiring
Roots & Wings, Beresford Road, Donabate, Dublin.
• TJ and his Wheelable Chair
The Cottage Kid’s Preschool, Tyrellstown, Lusk, Dublin.
• This is the story of our Kindness Elves
Happy Days Ratoath, Ratoath Community Centre, Main Street, Ratoath, Meath.
Watch the above video to find out which of our shortlisted entries has won and see their reaction to the news!
Early Childhood Ireland
National annual Awards
Inspired Practice Award
In previous years of this award Early Childhood Ireland has observed children, parents, pedagogues, ancillary staff, managers, owners, trainers, and communities interact and support each other in inspiring ways that: elevate the quality of provision within settings; provide inspiring examples of practice that others may emulate; and demonstrate and celebrate the potential of quality provision to enhance the lives of those involved.
The role of reflection and continuous professional learning shines through these inspired stories as they create a vision of a maturing professional sector that holds care and education in capable hands.
This year there is a new category the Inspired Practice School Age Childcare Award. This award recognises specifically centre-based school age childcare which includes:
Any centre-based service for school going children aged 4-15 years (inclusive), which operate:
- Before school
- After school
- During school holidays
These services may be delivered in a variety of settings: – Standalone services for school going children; – Part of service provision offered by sessional or part time pre-school providers (e.g. where there is a pre-school morning session, and school age afternoon provision); – Part of service provision offered by a full daycare/crèche provider; – Aligned to a school.
The Inspired Practice School Age Childcare Award criteria is based on the developed National Quality Guidelines for School Age Childcare. School age childcare “is a time for rest, relaxation and recreation, and – when it is high quality – it is also a place where children can grow and develop socially and emotionally, following their interests and widening their horizons.”
There are two awards in the Inspired practice award category:
Award 1: Inspired Practice Award
Inspired Practice School Age Childcare Award (NEW)
Award 2: Inspired Practice School Age Childcare Award (NEW)
Every application will be judged using the criteria established for that award.
Award 1 Criteria for Short-listing and Judging – Inspired Practice Award
Please use the awards application form to demonstrate that the service:
Documentation and Supporting Evidence requirements
- The maximum word limit is 1000 words.
- Award entries must be factually accurate.
- Supportive evidence may include for e.g., relevant photographs, artwork but is not essential.
- Photograph submission form.
- A completed application form. (all documents to be uploaded in word format only and not pdf)
- A signed Declaration.
- Consents for all photographs included (photographs will not be accepted without appropriate consents).
Resources to support you in applying for this award
- Winner 2020 Early Childhood Ireland Inspired Practice Award – YouTube
- ie – National Quality Guidelines for School Age Childcare Services | Guidelines, Components and Elements (September 2020) (www.gov.ie)
- Kindness Elves – Scéalta Blog | Early Childhood Ireland
- ECI National Annual Awards FAQ
- Aistear – The Early Childhood Curriculum Framework
- Síolta – The National Quality Framework for Early Childhood Education
- National quality guidelines for school age childcare services guidelines
Key dates for your diary
19 April 2021
31 May 2021
Award Winners announced
8 October 2021
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Key dates for your diary
Opening Date: 19 April 2021
Closing Date: 31 May 2021
Award Winners Announced: 8 October 2021
Early Childhood Ireland Inspired Practice Award is Sponsored by Arachas