Website Williamstown Community Childcare Centre CLG
We are a Full time Community Creche.
Williamstown Community Childcare are currently recruiting a Childcare Assistant based in Farronshoneen, Ardkeen Business Park, Waterford.
The Position is a Full Time, Contract based, 30.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday.
Expected start date: 19.09.2022 Application deadline: 26.08.2022, 5:30 pm.
• Career progression and Training and Development
• Full Induction and Training provided for successful candidates
• Educational Assistance Program
• EAP Employee Assistance Program
• Paid sick leave based on a pro-rata basis
• 21 holiday days pro-rata based on a 39-hour contract
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• To adhere to the Tusla regulations and working with the principles of Siolta and Aistear with children of various ages.
• To see each child as an individual and support their individual development, involving the children in a variety of play activities and experiences.
• To maintain hygiene standards in all areas of the childcare and to use initiative in completing all jobs to the best of your ability.
• To perform a variety of tasks, such as nappy changing, toileting, sterilising, feeding, nap supervision and engaging in play.
• Conduct observations of children under the direction of the room leader
• To follow the policies and procedures of the service at all times.
• To coordinate the implementation of activities suitable for different age groups and to support children’s developments – emotional, social, physical and cognitive
• To organise materials and toys to the benefit of children
Experience and Qualifications:
1. 3rd Level qualification in Social Care/ Business/ Nursing.
2. A minimum of FETAC Level 6 Childcare Qualification or equivalent.
3. Excellent communication skills in dealing with children, parents and co-workers.
1. Levels of experience ranging from two to three years in Childcare post qualifications.
2. Valid First Aid Certificate and Children’s First Training
3. Proficient in IT – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• A candidate who has a positive, professional and pro-active approach to childcare and a child friendly approach to all duties.
• The ability to work with enthusiasm, on own initiative and within a team. Excellent communication skills with staff, parents, and children. To be flexible in relation to working hours
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter to Sarah Lawrence, Childcare Manager via