Tullow Childcare Association CLG t/a Tots To Teens
CHILDCARE MANAGER VACANCY
An opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified Childcare manager.
The ideal candidate shall:
• Be a team leader and be passionate about childcare.
• Have the ability to work as part of a management team with a deputy manager, financial controller, childcare staff, two aim workers, cleaning and maintenance staff.
• Engage with stakeholders including the voluntary board of directors, staff and parents.
• Comply with all relevant inspections.
• Build strong partnerships with parents to ensure the best outcomes for children
• To ensure the efficient day to day running and Management of a full day service
• Regularly review policies and procedures.
• Prepare monthly reports for the board of directors.
• Knowledge of HIVE and PIP Portal and the various funding schemes ie NCS, ECCE and CCSP
• Have a minimum of QQI level 7 or above in Early Childhood Education and care or equivalent.
• Relevant management experience.
• Adopt a child centred approach showing extensive knowledge of child development and its application
Competencies required for the role:
Management & Change •
Understand the need for change and get this across persuasively to others.
• Make a positive case for change and elicit commitment from others.
• Implement change in an orderly and determined manner
• Leadership and management experience with a strong emphasis on staff development.
• Have excellent organisational skills
Delivering Results • Translate the business/team plan objectives into clear priorities and actions for their area of operation..
• Allocate resources (staff and equipment) across jobs to ensure that priorities are met and that work is executed in the most efficient manner possible to deliver quality work and services.
• Overseeing the provision of high-quality childcare
Performance Through People • Lead the team/service area in a manner that provides clarity of purpose and a focus on delivery.
• Show visible commitment to the purpose, mission and vision of the organisation.
• Develop the team and its members to achieve corporate objectives through the effective management of performance.
• Have effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Personal Effectiveness • Take initiative and be open to taking on new challenges or responsibilities.
• Manage time and workload effectively.
• Maintain a positive and constructive and enthusiastic attitude to their role.
To apply please forward a Curriculum Vitae and Cover letter to:
Chairperson, Tots to Teens,Tullow, Co. Carlow R93 A073
Or alternatively email to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is close of business on the 11th of August 2022.
Tots to teens is an equal opportunity employer