Stepping-Stones is a sessional preschool based in the Scouts Hall in Donaghmede Dublin 13. Established 27 years, we seek qualified part-time Early Years Practitioners to join our team. We operate two sessions per day with the successful candidate willing to be flexible.
The minimum required qualification is QQI level 5 with a preference for Level 6 in Early childhood care and Education with a good knowledge of Aister/Siolta. An ability to complete curriculum documentation is required.
The successful candidate must be prepared to undergo Garda clearance and supply two references.
The role includes:
• Assist in the holistic care and education of the children attending the service.
• Carrying out observations on assigned key children.
• Planning of child-led, enquiry based, curriculum activities.
• Following policies and procedures of the service at all times.
• Ensure a good standard of hygiene and awareness of health and safety.
• Maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
• Minimum QQI Level 5 but preferably Level 6 in Early Childhood Education and Care.
• Good Communication Skills.
• Ability to work on own initiative and be part of a motivated caring team.
• Be capable of providing quality interactions with the children with a genuine nature.
• Warm and friendly manner
• Flexible and proactive in the day-to-day routine of the service
What we can offer you
• Competitive rates of pay. €12.50-€15.50 per hour depending on experience and qualifications.
• Positive workplace culture is nurtured.
• Opportunities for Continual Professional Development through training initiatives provided by the relevant government departments
• Uniforms supplied
• Christmas bonus
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward an up-to-date CV to:-