As you know from previous emails and weekly updates, every early childhood and after school setting will soon need their own unique Garda National Vetting Bureau (GNVB) Affiliation Registration Number.
This GNVB Affiliate Registration Number will soon be compulsory in order to access Garda vetting for potential employees, so please apply for it now if you haven’t already.
When you receive your GNVB Affiliate Registration Number confirmation please scan and email both pages from the National Vetting Bureau letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have received your GNVB Affiliate Registration Number but have not emailed both pages to Camille Daly, please do so as soon as possible.
If you need to apply for your GNVB Affiliate Registration Number here is the process:
How do I apply for a GNVB Affiliate Registration Number?
- Please email the Garda vetting bureau at email@example.com requesting a GNVB Affiliate Registration Number and giving the following information:
- Early Childhood Ireland membership number
- Name and the address of your early childhood or afterschool setting (not your home address)
- Contact person within the organisation
- The nature of your business e.g. early childhood setting providing education and care for children up to age 6.
*Multiple Settings – This process must be completed for each individual membership number as each setting needs their own unique GNVB Affiliate Registration Number.
- The Garda Vetting Bureau will then post you an application form which you fill in and return to them.
- Once you have sent them the completed form, they will then issue you with your GNVB Affiliate Registration Number. This could take up to 2 weeks.
When you receive your GNVB Affiliate Registration Number letter please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the 2 pages of the letter. Please also quote your Early Childhood Ireland membership number on the email.
For any questions please refer to our FAQ page here.