Stepping Stones Childcare & Pre-School
Full daycare in purpose built premises
Number of vacancies: 2
Brief Job Description:
• Working as part of a team and within different rooms catering for children aged between 1 to 5
• The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual
• Working with the Room Leader on planning and preparation of activities, to meet children’s
individual needs, liaising with parents and keeping of development records and observations.
• Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins,
gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background.
• Positive management of children’s behaviour.
• Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
• Keeping accident, incident and risk assessment records.
• Supervision of meals and mealtimes and where appropriate preparation of babies’ bottles.
• Adhering to the Policies & Procedures of Stepping Stones Childcare and compliance with the Child
Care Act 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016, Health and Safety legislation and working
within guidelines set out by the Siolta/Aistear curriculum framework. Ensuring confidentiality is
maintained in the centre.
• Cleaning and laundry duties.
• Attendance of staf meetings as arranged by the Centre Manager.
• Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Centre Manager.
• Minimum FETAC Level 6 in Childcare.
• Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
• First Aid.
• Must be in a position to obtain Garda Vetting.
Hours of work: 40 per week. However, successful applicants would be expected to be flexible and have the ability to work additional hours as and when required to attend staff meetings or CPD
Remuneration: Salary dependent on experience and qualifications.