St. Benedict's Creche
St. Benedict’s Creche is a community based creche in the Kilbarrack area of Dublin 5. We operate a part-time play-based setting for children ranging from 1- 5 years.
The Board of Management is looking to recruit an energetic, enthusiastic person to run our community childcare setting.
The setting operates over a 49-week period
25 hours per week
– Prepare and maintain all documents for inspection
– Ensuring Tusla regulations are adhered to at all times
– Report regularly to the Board Management
– Organising staff rosters and children’s attendance
– Knowledge of Children First: National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children and TUSLA Aistear & Sliota and DLP experience.
– Strong experience with the Early Years Hive and Pip Portal.
– Experience with completion of Pobal Financial Returns.
– Possess strong organisational and administration stills
– Excellent leadership and community skills
– Take care of the day-to-day responsibilities for children and staff
– Ensure a high standard of care at the centre
– Coordinate recruitment, induction, appraisal and training requirements for staff
– Revise policies and procedures as required with the Board of Management
– Arrange viewings for prospective parents
– Effectively promote and market the setting
– Prepare long, medium- and short-term plans
– Managing, guiding and advising staff members and ensuring they follow and implement the centres standards, policies and procedures
– Ensure health and safety standards are adhered to at all times
– Overall responsibility of running of the Childcare Service
The successful candidate must have:
– Minimum QQI level 6 in Early Childhood Education or equivalent, Level 7 or 8 Desirable
– Experience in a similar role
– Comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations
– Complete Garda Vetting
– PHECC accredited First Aid Responder and manual handling training an advantage
To apply for the position please send you CV and Cover letter to the attention of
The Chairperson via email to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday 23rd September 2022 at 5pm.
Applications will be shortlisted for interview.
What we offer:
Competitive Salary – in line with qualifications and experience
Support for further education and continuous professional development
25 days annual leave plus 2 training days
Free onsite car parking
Discounted food in onsite community cafe