Oatlands afterschool and montessori
We are a community run service based in the grounds of Oatlands Primary School in Stillorgan. We are looking for a full time childcare practitioner to join our dynamic, fun loving team. The position is available from September 2022, we are looking for a Childcare Practitioner for one of our Montessori Rooms during the morning and the After School in the afternoon. The minimum qualification required is Level 5 in Childcare.
The service is open from September to July each year, including mid-terms and some holiday times when we offer full time care to our families.
· Previous experience.
· Be flexible (during term and non term time).
· Enjoy working with children.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To take day to day responsibility for children
• To work to high standards of care
• Ensure a good standard of hygiene
• Attend meetings and undertake training as required
• Adhere to Child Protection Policy of the service and report any concerns
• To develop ongoing positive relationships with parents
• Attend regular staff meetings
• Be able to take charge and direct children in case of an emergency
• Perform any other reasonable duties that may be assigned from time to time
• FETAC Level 5 in Childcare or equivalent (minimum)
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Kindness, warmth and responsiveness to the needs of children
• Good Communication and Relating Skills with children, staff and parents
• Comprehensive knowledge of relevant childcare legislation and regulations
• FETAC Level 5 in Occupational First Aid (will be provided)
• Complete Garda Vetting (will be provided)
• Opportunity to work with both Montessori and school-aged children
• Competitive hourly rate
• On site parking
• Opportunity to develop professionally in childcare gradually taking over increased responsibilities
• Continuous training and development
• Opportunity to be part of a growing team of childcare professionals
Expected Start Date: September 2022
Job Types: Full-time
Salary: €13.00-€16.00 per hour