Website Enniskerry Montessori & Afterschool Care
Enniskerry Montessori & Afterschool Care require an experienced, caring, creative and dynamic teacher to join our small team to cover maternity leave from this Sept’22 to January’23 (5mths Contract role)
We are located in Enniskerry Village and have two separate sessions (Montessori & Afterschool). Our Montessori class is 20 children (max) aged 2.5 to 5yrs and the Afterschool is for Junior infants up to 4th class and limited to 15 children to ensure the highest standards of care and creating a home from home environment.
• Minimum QQI Level 5 in Early Childhood Care and Education or equivalent.
• Previous Montessori experience (desirable).
• Knowledge of Aistear, Síolta and the Early Years (Pre-school services) Regulations.
• Certificate in First Aid and Children First (Child Protection) training would be an advantage.
• Excellent communication & written skills to document observations & learnings along with maintaining all relevant records.
• Fluent English (is essential) and basic knowledge of Irish language (desirable).
Average of 40 hours / per week
• The position is school term-time based (38wks). Maternity cover.
• Monday to Friday – 09:00 to 18:00
• Paid holidays for Mid-term & Bank Holidays
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist in all Montessori curriculum planning, teaching and arts & crafts preparation (9am to 12.30).
• Assist in all elements of Afterschool care from collections, homework and activities (13:30 to 18:00).
• Work alongside management as part of a team as well as taking their own class and sessions, when required.
• Awareness of early years regulations, relevant legislation, and facility policies & procedures.
• To guide, observe, stimulate and supervise children in a safe and caring environment.
• To work in close cooperation with the Owner, Manager, Parents and Guardians.
• Ensure the safety, security, and wellbeing of all children in your care.
• To ensure all quality and safety standards are always maintained in the service.
• Must have completed First Aid training, Fire Safety, Manual Handling course and Children First.
• Ensure confidentiality in all areas of your role.
• Caring for children who may suddenly become unwell, along with reacting appropriately to accidents and administering first-aid if required.
• Regular daily cleaning of equipment and classroom throughout and between sessions (Covid requirements).
Paid Public holidays, Paid working Holidays, Free Parking, Ongoing Training & Certification.
• Applicants should submit a covering letter outlining how you meet the required criteria for the position together with an up-to-date CV.
• The successful candidate will be appointed subject to Garda vetting and reference checks.