The Garda Vetting Application process is now online.
Visit our website www.earlychildhoodireland.ie to login. You may need to reset your password if this is the first time you have logged in to our new website.
Then go to: Services- Garda vetting- Apply for Garda Vetting
When you get to this screen, follow the instructions and click on the ‘click here to enter the applicant’s information’ link.
You will notice that your membership number is already completed in the membership field. The system will not allow you to change this number once you have logged in.
You then complete the online Garda Vetting application form using the applicant’s information from the NVB1 form.
Some helpful tips with inputting this information:
- Please do not insert any commas, symbols, hyphens, apostrophes, full stops, additional spaces, when entering the information into the form, especially around the email address, as the system is very sensitive, and this may result in delays.
- If there is no middle name, please leave the space blank. Do not write n/a
Please enter only the current address of the applicant: i.e.
- If the applicant currently lives overseas, you can enter their address here too. Make sure the regional postcode is in the postcode box.
- The date of consent should be the date the applicant has signed on the NVB1 form (not todays date)
- If you think you have made a mistake when inputting the form, please do not re-enter the information as this will cause duplication in the system. You can let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and we will amend the application straight away.
Once you have submitted the information the applicant will receive a link to complete their address history within a few hours, or if you enter it at night, you may receive the link the following morning, so please encourage applicants to check their email for this link. This link is valid for 30 days.
Please keep the NVB1 form and the applicants copies of their identification in their employee personnel file.
If you have any queries about the new Garda Vetting process, please see our website https://www.earlychildhoodireland.ie/garda-vetting/ or phone 01 405 7102.