The Garda Vetting process is as follows:
1. The owner/manager goes to the Early Childhood Ireland website. Print out the NVB1 Vetting Invitation form and ask the applicant to complete it, making sure to sign, date and tick the consent box in pen. There is a special Vetting Invitation Form for Under 18’s and a parent consent form also.
2. The applicant provides you with two forms of identification – photo identification and proof of address. A list of acceptable identification can be found here. Keep the NVB1 Vetting Invitation Form and copy of photo identification and proof of address securely in the employee file.
3. Then click on ‘Please click here to enter the applicant’s information.’ This will open a web form where you enter the applicant’s information from the NVB1 form. Please check the applicant’s email and date of birth are correctly inputted and that there are no unnecessary spaces or punctuation.
4. Once you have submitted the form the applicant will receive a link from the National Vetting Bureau to complete their address history within a few hours, or if you enter it at night the following morning, so please encourage them to check their email for this link. This link is valid for 30 days.
5. When the applicant completes the link sent to them from the National Vetting Bureau it will then take around 7 – 10 working days for the NVB to process the Garda Vetting application.
6. When the Garda Vetting application is complete, Early Childhood Ireland then emails the Vetting Disclosure to the Vetting contact.
If you have any queries about the new Garda Vetting process, please see our website or phone us on 01405 7102