New Online Garda Vetting Process
Over 1000 of our members have successfully used our new online Garda Vetting system so far. You can now enter your employee’s Garda Vetting applications at your own convenience on our Early Childhood Ireland website with no more postage costs or delays.
The process is as follows:
- The owner/manager asks the applicant to complete the NVB1 Vetting Invitation form which is under Services – Garda Vetting – Apply for Garda Vetting on our website.
- The applicant provides you with two forms of identification – photo identification and proof of address. A list of the acceptable Identification can be found here.NB: The employer must retain the NVB1 Vetting Invitation Form and good quality identification documents (photo identification and proof of address) in the employee file along with their vetting disclosure. This is an important step as the National Garda Vetting Bureau may carry out an audit and request that copies of these documents are forwarded to them.
Then go to our website www.earlychildhoodireland.ie and login. You may need to reset your password if this is the first time you have logged in to our new website.
Then go to : Services- Garda vetting- Apply for Garda Vetting
You will notice that your membership number is already completed in the membership field. The system will not allow you to change this number once you have logged in.
You then complete the online Garda Vetting application form using the applicant’s information from the NVB1 form.
Some helpful tips with inputting this information:
- Please do not insert any commas, symbols, hyphens, apostrophes, full stops, additional spaces, when entering the information into the form, especially around the email address, as the system is very sensitive, and this may result in delays.
- If there is no middle name, please leave the space blank. Do not write n/a.
Please enter only the current address of the applicant: i.e.
- If the applicant currently lives overseas, you can enter their address here too. Make sure the regional postcode is in the postcode box.
- The date of consent should be the date the applicant has signed on the NVB1 form (not todays date)
- If you think you have made a mistake when inputting the form, please do not re-enter the information as this will cause duplication in the system. You can let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and we will amend the vetting application straight away.
- Ensure spelling is correct, as this spelling will be on the completed Garda Vetting Disclosure
- Postcodes must be entered for Northern Ireland addresses or the application will not be accepted.
Once you have submitted the information the applicant will receive a link to complete their address history within a few hours, or if you enter it at night the following morning, so please encourage them to check their email for this link. This link is valid for 30 days.
Please keep the NVB1 form and the applicants copies of their Identification in their employee personnel file.
If you have any queries about the new Garda Vetting process, please see our website https://www.earlychildhoodireland.ie/garda-vetting/ or phone 01405 7102.