We are delighted to announce that our Garda vetting application process is now online!
The new process is more time-efficient and cost-effective for our members. You no longer need to post applications to us, saving the cost of the envelope and postage stamp, and eliminating postal delays. It is an intuitive system and very easy to use.
You can now enter your employee’s Garda vetting applications at your own convenience on our Early Childhood Ireland website.
Two easy steps to Early Childhood Ireland’s online vetting:
The first step in the process remains the same – the applicant completes the NVB1 Vetting Invitation. This is still a necessary step as it is a legal requirement to have the applicant’s original signature, with the consent box ticked and date of consent on file. If the applicant is aged 16-18 years, there is a Vetting Invitation form for Under 18’s and a parent consent form.
The owner/manager obtains two forms of identification from the applicant– photo identification and proof of address. Acceptable identification is listed on the form.
The NVB1 form and copies of the identification should be kept in the employee’s personnel file along with their vetting disclosure, once it has been completed. This is an important step as the National Vetting Bureau may carry out an audit and request that copies of these documents be forwarded to them at a moment’s notice.
This will open up a new window, which mirrors the NVB1 form. You will notice that your membership number is already completed in that field. The system will not allow you to change this number once you have logged in.
You then complete the online Garda vetting application form using the applicant’s information from the NVB1 form.
Some points to remember when filling in the online application:
- Do not enter any extra spaces or special characters such as symbols, hyphens, apostrophes or full stops, especially around the email. address, as the system is very sensitive, and this may result in delays. Hyphens and dots are permitted in the email address.
- Only the current address of the applicant should be entered, and Eircodes should only be entered in the correct Eircode box.
- Postcodes must be entered for Northern Ireland addresses or the application will not be accepted.
- Ensure spelling is correct, as this spelling will be on the completed Garda Vetting Disclosure.
- If there is no middle name, leave the box blank, do not write n/a.
If you think you have made an error while submitting the form details please do not resubmit the form, but contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will amend it for you.
Please ensure you tick the consent boxes based on the information given in the applicant’s NVB1 form:
- consent from the applicant who has signed the form and date consent was given.
- proof of identity supplied by photo identification and proof of address.
- that the applicant is doing relevant work.
Lastly, please confirm you are not a robot and click the Submit Application button.
This information will then be forwarded to Early Childhood Ireland for review and if all the details are correct you will receive an email confirming the application has been forwarded to the National Vetting Bureau for processing, and they will issue a link to the applicant as usual.
Please check that the applicant has received the link so that they can complete the application. They will have one month to complete the link and enter their information.
The vetting team wish you every success with trying out the new system, and we are here to support you every step of the way. If you have any questions or concerns please click here or phone 01 4057102.