Garda Vetting Process during Covid-19
Garda vetting applications are being processed as usual.
However in these extenuating circumstances we are accepting Garda vetting applications through the following process:
- The owner/manager asks the potential/current employee to fill out the Vetting Invitation form:
This can be filled out online in pdf form (google chrome, Microsoft edge, and internet explorer web browsers support this).
Once the form is completed and saved by the applicant, they then email it to the manager of the early childhood setting, along with a photo of their photo identification and a photo of proof of address. A list of acceptable identification is listed in the table below.
Types of documents that can be used to verify both photo id and address:
• Irish Driving Licence (new credit card format)
• Employment ID card issued by employer (name, address and photo)
|Types of documents that can be used for Photo Identification:||Types of documents that can be used to verify address:|
2. The owner manager then fills out the Identification Verification form once they have verified the identification from the applicant:
3. Then the owner/ manager emails us the Vetting Invitation and the Identification form for the Garda vetting applicant to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The Garda vetting applicant will then receive a link via email from the National Vetting Bureau to complete their application online.
The owner manager of the early years setting will also receive a notification from Early Childhood Ireland that says the applicant has been emailed a link from the National Vetting Bureau. The manager should check that the applicant has received the link and submitted their information to the NVB.
Once working conditions are back to normal we would ask that the forms be posted to us as we need the original signatures of the applicant on the Vetting Invitation, and the owner/manager’s signature on the Identification Verification form. Please post the forms to : Early Childhood Ireland, Hainault House, Belgard Square South, Tallaght, Dublin, D24 RFV0
If you have any queries regarding this please see here for further information:
Or phone:01 405 7102
Tracking an application
Once the applicant has submitted their information to the National Vetting Bureau, they can then track their Garda vetting application by entering their application ID (the long number starting with ECI001-2………) and their date of birth, on the An Garda Síochána webpage.
The owner/manager of the service also receives this information at the bottom of the email notification they receive, so they can also track the application. Make sure there are no spaces put in before or after the application ID number as it may not work.