Garda Vetting and Re-vetting
Garda vetting applications are being processed as usual. We also encourage members to have their staff re-vetted if it has been 3 years since they were last vetted, as the Early Years Quality and Regulatory Framework and best practice recommends that you have your employees re-vetted every three years. The re-vetting process is the same as the Garda vetting process. The requirement for re-vetting should be outlined in your Garda Vetting Policy.
Members can complete the vetting process online in these extenuating circumstances.
- The owner/manager asks the potential/current employee to fill out the Vetting Invitation: This can be filled out online in pdf form (google chrome, Microsoft edge, and internet explorer web browsers support this).
- Once the form is completed and saved by the applicant, they then email it to the manager of the early childhood setting, along with a photo of their photo identification and a photo of proof of address. A list of acceptable identification is listed on the back of the Identification Verification form.
- The owner manager then fills out the Identification Verification form once they have received the identification from the applicant.
- The owner/ manager emails the Vetting Invitation and the Identification form for the Garda vetting applicant to: email@example.com
- The Garda vetting applicant will then receive a link via email from the National Vetting Bureau to complete their application online.
- The owner manager of the early years setting will also receive a notification from Early Childhood Ireland that says the applicant has been emailed a link from the National Vetting Bureau. The manager should check that the applicant has received the link and submitted their information to the NVB.
Once working conditions are back to normal we would ask that the forms be posted to us as we need the original signatures of the applicant on the Vetting Invitation, and the owner/manager’s signature on the Identification Verification form. Please post the forms to : Early Childhood Ireland, Hainault House, Belgard Square South, Tallaght, Dublin, D24 RFV0
If you have any queries regarding this please see our website for further information: or phone:01 405 7102.