Garda National Vetting Bureau (GNVB) Affiliate Registration Number
In January 2020 the Garda National Vetting Bureau established a compliance unit and made it compulsory for every Early Learning and Care and School Age Childcare setting in Ireland to be registered (or reregistered) with the National Vetting Bureau, with a unique GNVB Affiliate Registration Number.
You will need this GNVB number to access our online vetting, even if you have used us in the past for vetting.
If you have received your GNVB letter – please email it (both sides) to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can send your setting details to be registered (or reregistered) on the National Vetting Portal.
If you have not yet applied for a GNVB Affiliate Registration Number, the process is outlined below. Please ensure you use your setting address or the letter will need to be sent back to the Garda National Vetting Bureau to be reissued with the correct address.
How do I apply for a GNVB number?
- Email email@example.com requesting a GNVB Affiliate Registration Number giving the following information:
• Name and address of your early learning or school age setting – this must be the setting address affiliated with the ECI membership number.
• Early Childhood Ireland membership number and main contact person
- The National Vetting Bureau will send you an application form to fill in and post back to them.
- They will then send you a two-sided GNVB registration letter.
- You then email the GNVB letter (both sides) to firstname.lastname@example.org
We then send your details to be registered on the National Vetting Portal.