Tracking a Garda Vetting application
Once you have submitted a Garda Vetting application on our new online vetting webpage, you will then receive an email notification from Early Childhood Ireland which includes the applicant’s date of birth and an ECI001-2021*** reference number at the end, so you can track the application on the National Vetting Bureau (garda.ie) website. Make sure there are no spaces put in before or after the application ID number as it may not work.
Once the applicant has submitted their information to the National Vetting Bureau, they can also track their application this way.
Inputting applicant’s information into the New Online Vetting Web Form
Here is some information that should help when inputting your potential employee’s information into the online Garda Vetting website form:
- Please do not insert any commas, symbols, hyphens, apostrophes, full stops, additional spaces, when entering the information into the form, especially around the email address, as the system is very sensitive, and this may result in delays.
- If there is no middle name please leave the space blank. Do not write n/a
- Please enter only the current address of the applicant: i.e.
- If the applicant currently lives overseas, you can enter their address here too. Make sure the regional postcode is in the postcode box.
- The date of consent should be the date the applicant has signed on the NVB1 form (not todays date)
- Postcodes must be entered for Northern Ireland addresses or the application will not be accepted.
- If you think you have made a mistake when inputting the form please do not re-enter the information as this will cause duplication in the system. You can let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will amend the vetting application straight away.
- Ensure spelling is correct, as this spelling will be on the completed Garda Vetting Disclosure
When you have submitted the information you should see a ‘Thank you for submitting’ screen and you will receive an email from Early Childhood Ireland with a reference tracking number that you use for tracking the application using the process above.
The applicant will receive a link from the National Vetting Bureau to complete their address history within a few hours, or if you enter it at night the following morning, so please encourage them to check their email for this link. This link is valid for 30 days.
Please keep the NVB1 form and the applicants’ copies of their Identification in their employee personnel file.
If you have any queries about the new Garda Vetting process, please see our website https://www.earlychildhoodireland.ie/garda-vetting/ or phone 01405 7102.