The Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth (DCECIY) has announced funding of €325,000, which will be allocated to Parent and Toddler Groups nationwide through local City/County Childcare Committees (CCCs). From today, Friday, 13 May, Parent and Toddler Groups can make an application for funding under this Initiative through their local CCC.
This year, 2 new funding streams are being introduced under the Parent and Toddler Group Grants Initiative:
- Firstly, funding of up to €400 is available to establish and operate Buggy Walking Groups. These Buggy Walking Groups are organised social walks for parents/guardians and young children. The grant of up to €400 is open to any existing or new organisations or groups which wish to offer a minimum of six organised walks within their community.
- Secondly, funding of up to €400 is available for new or existing Parent and Toddler Groups to provide an additional session.
In addition to these new funding streams, Parent and Toddler Groups can apply for funding towards:
- Toys, equipment and books for indoor and outdoor activities, including children’s refreshments.
- Storage for equipment.
- Training for parents, for example, paediatric first aid, committee skills, parenting courses, and facilitated sessions.
- Children’s activities, for example, arts and crafts, and music.
- Limited funding will be available for insurance, rent or minor refurbishment.
Details of your CCC can be found at www.myccc.ie
Early Childhood Ireland members can also avail of exclusive discounts on our ECI Shop, a convenient and easy way to source some of the equipment covered under the grant.