Early Childhood Ireland has published its new Strategic Plan 2021-2026.
As the leading membership organisation in the early years sector, it represents the common goals shared by the organisation, its dedicated staff and Board of Directors and of course our valued members. The Strategic Plan is focused on Early Childhood Ireland’s belief that the child should be at the centre of all that we do. Our focus is on providing access to high quality, sustainable and affordable Early Learning and Care and School Age Childcare services for all children.
The implementation of this new Strategic Plan officially started in January 2022, when Early Childhood Ireland moved to a new matrix organisational structure. We now have two key pillars:
- Member, Excellence and Learning
- Policy, Advocacy and Campaigns
These new teams will continue to collaborate as we identify opportunities to further support children and members. Several key projects are already underway as part of our new Strategic Plan, and we are building capacity to achieve our vision and mission. We are committed to delivering on our strategic objectives, which are set out below.
- Early Childhood Ireland members lead the way in achieving excellence in their child-centred settings.
- Early Childhood Ireland is the leading advocate for children in Early Learning and Care and School Age Childcare in Ireland.
- Early Childhood Ireland will empower and facilitate our members to undertake action research, use research in practice, and engage in reflective practice and peer learning activities, in order to champion and drive service excellence.
- We will also undertake, and commission applied research to better understand the factors influencing structural and process quality in Early Learning and Care and School Age Childcare services and how best to enhance quality.
- We will build for future success as the leading membership organisation in the Early Learning and Care and School Age Childcare sector, which is trusted, effective and accountable.
Click here to watch a message from Early Childhood Ireland CEO, Teresa Heeney, who explains the importance for members of the ambition and direction outlined in the new Strategic Plan.
Please click below to review an interactive summary of Early Childhood Ireland’s Strategic Plan 2021-2026. Alternatively, please click here for a static PDF version.