On Saturday 24th March 2012 , childcare services, from the Republic of Ireland joined their colleagues in Northern Ireland, to receive the All Ireland Centre Of Excellence Award. This took place at a gala dinner, in the Culloden Estate and Spa, Belfast.
Awards were presented by Jonathan Bell, Junior Minister in the Office of the First Minister and Deputy First Minister, Teresa Heeney, Chief Operations Officer, Early Childhood Ireland and Siobhan Fitzpatrick, Chief Executive Officer, Early Years.
Our members who received the award on the night are as follows:
- Bright Horizons Family Solutions, Swords, Co Dublin
- Grovelands Childcare, IDA Business Park, Tullamore, Co Offaly
- Grovelands Childcare, Market Point, Mullingar, Co Westmeath
- Bubbles Creche, Co Galway
- Claddagh Treasures, Managed by the Holy Family Creche, Co Louth
- Bright Horizons Family Solutions, Balgriffin, Dublin 13
- Oakview Village Childcare, Co Kerry
- Bright Horizons Family Solutions, Eastpoint, Dublin 13
- Nurture Childcare and Early Learning Centre, Fairylawn, Co Cork
- Bright Horizons Family Solutions, Nutgrove, Dublin14
- ABC Creche, Dublin 1
- Knollcrest Nursery and Afterschool, Co Galway
- Grovelands Childcare, Ballymahon Rd, Athlone, Co Westmeath
- Nurtures Best, Co Roscommon
- Grovelands Childcare IDA, Athlone, Co Westmeath
- Fairyfolk Montessori, Co Kilkenny
- Holy Family, Co Louth
- Tir na nOg Athy, Co Kildare
- Apple Blossom Creche, Kids Inc. Rathmines, Dublin 6
- Happy Steps, Kilcock, Co Kildare
These recipients have demonstrated that they have achieved excellence in the following areas of childcare and education:
- Programme/Curriculum for Children
- Relationships in the Nursery
- Partnership with Families
- Health Safety and Hygiene
- Staff Conditions and Professional Development
- Physical Environment
- Diet and Nutrition
- Management and Administration
- Implementation of Policies and Procedures
- Evaluation and Review of Nursery
The Application and Awards Process
Childcare services who became involved with the award programme were supported and advised by the Early Childhood Specialist for their area.
They received individual, intensive mentoring, as well as help identifying training needs and the recommendation of relevant course options.
The childcare provider and staff team then used the Self Evaluation Profile to assess the quality of their service, in consultation with the Early Childhood Specialist, through site visits, staff meetings, and telephone support, prior to applying for the validation visit.
If the service met the criteria of the programme, following a validation visit, the successful applicants receive “The All Ireland Centre of Excellence Award”.
The award demonstrates to parents, visitors and members of the public a commitment to quality and success in implementing and maintaining consistently high standards of excellence.