Sessional/Part-Time Membership is specifically designed to meet the needs of sessional or part-time service providers and owner/managers of play groups, part time day care services, play groups with linked school age, part time day care services with linked school age or stand alone after school services.
This kind of membership is suitable for the following:
Sessional services who offer a planned programme to preschool children for not more than 3.5 hours per day
Part-Time services who offer a planned programme to preschool children for more than 3.5 hours and less than 5 hours per day
School Age Childcare services which meet the needs of children and families who wish to access a care and education service, catering for children’s needs after school or when school is closed, such as for holidays or for holiday camps.
Services must be notified to the HSE and be able to provide the date of their last inspection, as applicable.
Specific Benefits of Sessional/Part-Time Membership
Sessional/Part-Time Membership provides access to the services of an early childhood specialist, with experience in the sector to answer and discuss queries relating to quality, HR, legal and business issues.
The specialist will also be able to advise and support you in providing a quality, sustainable service which meets regulation standards.
- Sessional/Part-Time Membership provides access to an exclusive insurance package specifically tailored to meet the needs of Sessional and Part-Time Services.
- Sessional/Part-Time members will have exclusive web-based access to a range of business aids including: sample contracts, sample support and supervision forms, sample appraisal forms etc.
- Sessional/Part-Time members will be provided with opportunities to network, sharing ideas and practice.
- Owner/Managers will be able to avail of ongoing continuing professional development opportunities, tailored to meet the needs of the Sessional/Pat-Time sector.
- Owner/Managers will benefit from advocacy specific to the Sessional/Part-Time sector
- Sessional/Part-Time members will have access to free garda vetting for all the staff working in their service.
Overall Benefits of Membership
To have a look at the overall benefits, to which every Early Childhood Ireland member is entitled, please have a look at the Benefits of Membership page.
Cost of Sessional/Part-Time Membership
The cost of Sessional/Part-Time Membership is €157 per annum.
For service providers operating 1 or more services there is a discount of €7 for the 2nd and subsequent services.
(A once-off joining fee of €31.50 is payable by first time applicants only)