These training courses are delivered online through live interactive sessions, complimented by handouts and course material. The live sessions are delivered on a specific day and time where learners and tutor are online together.
Learners must attend the live sessions in order to complete the module content and meet assessment requirements. There is further commitment to self-directed learning hours in addition to the live sessions.
For those who are not already familiar with our online training centre, an induction on what you can expect to see and hear will be carried out prior to the commencement of training.
To take part in one of Early Childhood Ireland’s online training courses a learner is required to have basic IT skills.
It is necessary to have access to a PC/laptop that is enabled with a microphone and speakers, or has the capacity for use with a headset, and preferably has a webcam.
Learners need access to an internet service, broadband if possible.
- As all assignment work is submitted online, basic typing skills are required.
- Attendance at a minimum of 85% of live sessions is mandatory.
- Online learning works through your PC or MAC (using XP, Vista, Windows 7 or higher software).
- Make sure your computer allows Java script and cookies.
- We recommend that ActiveX is enabled for Intenet Explorer.
- To access an internet service with broadband connection, you will need MS Internet Explorer 6 or higher, Firefox 2 or higher.
Please visit our events section for online courses currently available.