Early Childhood Ireland delivers a range of FETAC/QQI Level 5 training leading to accredited qualifications.
These qualifications are suitable primarily for those:
who are just entering into the sector
who are already working in childcare and wish to gain a qualification
Requirement for the ECCE Scheme
A FETAC/QQI Level 5 Certificate is considered a baseline qualification and is a requirement for people working in services participating in the ECCE scheme.
It is important to note that under the terms of the ECCE scheme it is necessary for Playleaders in each participating service to have a full FETAC/QQI level 5 qualification by June 2012.
Major (Full) and Minor (Component) Awards
Early Childhood Ireland delivers training leading to FETAC/QQI Level 5 Full and Component awards.
In order to achieve a full FETAC/QQI Level 5 Certificate (a major award) a learner must complete eight Level 5 Components (minor awards).
The full list of Level 5 training courses offered by Early Childhood Ireland is below. We offer courses in both class-based settings and through online training.
Please click on the individual links to access a full description of each course.
- Level 5 Child Development 5N1764
- Level 5 Early Childhood Education & Play 5N1773
- Level 5 Child Health & Well Being 5N1765
- Level 5 Early Care & Education Practice 5N1770
- Level 5 Communications 5N0690
- Level 5 Work Experience 5N1356
- Level 5 Work Practice 5N1433
- Level 5 Children with Additional Needs 5N2396
- Level 5 School Age Childcare (5N1781)
To view our full schedule of training courses please check our upcoming Training Courses